How to Attract, Propose and Sell Large Training Contracts with CAPS National President Greg Schinkel, CSP
- Target a specific niche to stand out from the competition.
- Create content and intellectual property that drives organic search and provides a steady flow of business inquiries.
- Price your solutions in increments that allows customers to buy more over time.
- Write proposals that help land the business and give buyers the information they need to move forward.
- Scale up from being a sole practitioner to selling larger contracts delivered by a team of instructors without adding overhead.
Greg will share the uncomfortable story of how he nearly ruined his business in 2004 and then turned it around, narrowed the focus of the company and started to land large multi-year contracts with companies like Kimberly-Clark, Unilever, Dollar Tree Distribution and many more. Greg now outsources and subcontracts more training than he delivers personally, primarily to members of CAPS and NSA, and is working on a strategy to create a self-managing training enterprise.
Greg Schinkel is the owner of two training companies in partnership with his wife Robin: Unique Training & Development which he purchased from his father in 1992 and Michigan-based Front Line Leadership Systems USA. He is the author or co-author of several leadership books including What Great Supervisors Know and Employees Not Doing What You Expect. Greg and his team of instructors focus on training front line supervisors, team leaders and managers in manufacturing, distribution and operations on how to engage and motivate their teams to drive business results. His Leader Feeder podcast, blog and video series helps generate a steady inflow of business opportunities from a very narrow niche. In 2020, Greg will be the national president of CAPS. He will share a snapshot of the strategic direction of CAPS in the year ahead.
Full Day Event (9am to 2:45pm Open to Guests and CAPS Members – 3:00 to 4:30pm: Members Only )
Venue MapThere is not points to locate on the map
Date | Times
- March 21, 2020
- 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Granville Island Hotel
1253 Johnston Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
- Members At the Door - 60.00
- Members - 55.00
- Members Early Bird before March 13th - 45.00
- Members Zoom - 30.00
- Non-Members At the Door - 120.00
- Non-Members - 110.00
- Non-Members Early Bird before March 13th - 80.00
- Non-Members Zoom - 40.00